Everything he is doing, he steadily gets better at. We have really noticed a desire to "play" with others this past month as well, including teasing Adam and I about touching things he knows he should not be touching and then looking and grinning. So cute, but oh boy, here we go!
- TALKING: Callan is babbling up a storm. I think the influence of his older, talking cousin has been particularly noticed when it comes to the amount that he is talking. He has lots to say!
- CRAWLING: Also after trying to keep up with is 17-month-old cousin who walks, he has become a lightning fast crawler. He practices this when he is heading for outlets and cords that still seem to be of particular interest to him.
- STANDING: We have had to tighten the ties on all our pajama pants! He pulls himself up on anything that he can grasp (whether it's securely around my waist or not) which often tends to be pants of any adult that looks to be a good candidate to hold him. He's beginning to stand with just one hand resulting in a couple of spills, but he is getting steady!
- FOOD: Callan loves butternut squash, yogurt, and Cheerios. He's getting better and better at feeding himself finger foods, so I'm in a constant state of searching for things I can easily prepare that he can finger feed. I think he'd jump into anything we eat regardless of flavor if we let him.
- FAVORITE TOY: Although not a proper toy, Callan prefers socks to most other toys. Socks on his feet, socks in drawers, socks in baskets, socks folded in balls, you get the idea. I'm not sure what it is, but half the time he's motoring around with his socks flopping half-off his feet and the other half he's missing one which can usually be found in his mouth (See picture below). I keep saying it is as if he is a cat who has caught the prize mouse...except it is a sock. Apparently cotton mouth does not bother a 9-month-old.
- A COLD IN THE COLD: We are enduring day 7 of a little cold. At first he loved the aspirator, but after the first 2 days he was completely over that and hates his nose being messed with--so, good to know he's like most other kids!
We are loving every minute--well, the vast majority of minutes--watching Callan grow and change and learn. He certainly surprises us as he picks up new things seemingly all of a sudden.