PERSONALITY!!!! Whew, the more we get to know who this little guy is, the more we realize that he will not stay a baby and some of the easiest months of parenting are behind us! Callan is one determined little guy! It does not matter what stands in his way, if there is something he wants (or doesn't want) he is all in to get it.
- MOVING: After nearly 2 1/2 months of army crawling, he finally gave the real deal a go, crawling on all fours on Halloween -- as long as he stayed on the rug, which is difficult to do in a house with all wood floors. For a couple weeks after that he would flatten out to his stomach once he hit the wood floor but slowly has gotten it figured out even on the slick surface.
- EATING: We have yet to find a food Callan doesn't like! He has tried a wide variety of fruits and veggies and newly LOVES chicken.
- SLEEPING: He is doing well at night, going down at 6:30 and waking up between 4 and 5 to eat, then going back down until 6 or 6:30. We are loving his nighttime sleeping. His naps are much less impressive, but we can't have it all, right? Adam and I will take nights!
- PULLING UP: Callan has just begun to pull himself up, mostly on his activity table--who could resist all the lights, colors, buttons, and music? He's not terribly sturdy, but he is persistent to practice so is getting better each day.
- PLAYTIME: He LOVES his activity table, his teething toy feet, and a couple of colanders from mom's kitchen. Callan also loves exploring in the house now that he is moving around better and pays particular attention to outlets. Needless to say, he's got us running all over the place!
Adam and I continue to settle into this new adventure as parents and our new jobs, respectively. I've been asked frequently if I am missing teaching, which I definitely do some times more than others, but mostly not until this past month. I miss the interaction during the day with others but at the same time it has been SO worth the time away. I love getting to watch all the small little things he is doing new each day. Other than the regular things Adam does at 2 PIllars, he and a few computer coders from within our church body are redesigning the 2 PIllars website which has been, as you can imagine, a rather massive undertaking. He will be ready to launch it as soon as it is finished, and after having a sneak peek I must say it looks pretty impressive. We'll post a link when it's up and running!